Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Am I Missing Something?


According to a story by Greg Wilson reporting for Channel 5 in Chicago, Topeka has decided to stop prosecuting domestic violence cases due to budget concerns. I don't get the reasoning that would lead to such a decision, although I must admit I haven't seen a full accounting of the whys and wherefores behind it. Regardless, there are real victims to domestic violence, unlike, ooh, let's say speeding, or possession of marijuana, or breaking curfew, or... I think you can see where I'm coming from. Why not stop prosecuting victimless "crime" rather than sending the already abused back into the jaws of a greater likelihood of death? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Any comment in ill taste or not germane to the post may be deleted without warning. I am under no obligation to give anyone an opportunity to call me names or impugn my motives or integrity. If you can't play nice, go somewhere else and play.